Sunday, 11 April 2010

Love Lessons

I've had a horrific week. On Monday I had a massive row with my husband, on Tuesday I watched my nan die, on Wednesday the row continued and I moved out, on Thursday I registered my nans death and planned her funeral without my husband by my side and on Friday I came home. Throughout all this I felt so angry with Martin (my husband), more lonely than I care to think about and in more pain than I've ever been. The reasons are not important but the lesson is...

The thing we argued about seemed/seems huge. All week we argued. Today the thing is not (yet) resolved but we're not arguing, In fact we're more 'in' love than we have been for a long while. How can this make sense? Because arguing is about selfishness and love is not. Love is not about feeling good inside (although its a great side effect). Love is about behaviour and attitude. Its choosing to see past the things that make me feel hurt, make me angry and stopping focusing one how I'm lonely, and I'm heart broken. Its choosing to see how the person you love feels and what you can do to make them feel better.

When you focus on the person you love and your attitude is not prideful but peaceful you can find yourself in a place much better suited to resolution.

Thank God for His grace to show me this, thank God for the amazing people He has put in my life to teach me about love and thank God for Martin.

No comments:

Post a Comment