Church was amazing today. Yinka preached, and he started with the quote 'So heavenly focused, you're of no earthly good'. And then he said he thinks its nonsense. It made me think (just what you hope for in a good preach!) that quite often we hear a 'quote' and just accept it as truth - I certainly would have with that one - the idea that people can be so embroiled on the idea of the 'next' life that they're missing this one was one that bugged me. But actually Heaven is now. When Jesus died, he said 'it is finished'. We're meant to be 'in the world but not of the world' and we're fighting against 'powers and principalities' not against flesh. Actually we are more useful if we're operating in heavenly realms. We can see things much more clearly, and we can be hugely more effective.
The community cafe I work at is running an Alpha course, and I've been to two. Last week was amazing, but this week I could feel the attack, there was opposition - I felt frustrated when I left but on reflection the opposition is great news - it means we're moving in the right direction, it means we're causing upsets and it means God is with us. It also means we need to make sure we're well protected!
I also offered to help a married woman, just to pray with her and support her. I then had a minor 'tiff' with Martin and I got to thinking that when you put yourself out to fight in a certain area for God, you need to make sure that you are protected in that area of your own life - the best way to undermine any ministry is to have that area of your life in a bad place! Thanks God for giving us eyes to see :)
Well I need to go now - my roast dinner is calling me :)
Sunday, 6 February 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment