Thursday, 3 March 2011

Beautiful Day

Today has been awesome from begining to end. I have an interst free credit card to balance transfer, I have nice hair (a gift from a friend & God), and even better was work!

Here is how some of it went...

Charl picked me up, and took me to work -I was feeling nervous cos she was leaving me in charge for only the second time ever, with a lady from the estatee who volunteers. We prayed and I headed off to the cafe.

When I arrived the lady (we'll call her Evie cos its cute) had already opened up and got everything sorted for the day, it struck me what it probably meant for her to be trusted to do that. Evies niece came to the cafe for the day and at this point Evie (who's not a Christian) said to her neice (we'll call her Hannah) 'Sarah and Charl like to pray in the morning, so Sarah's going to pray now!'. Hannah, bless her thought she had to leave at this point! I meanwhile was in shock at the love and respect of our beliefs. So after convincing Hannah she could stay I prayed for the day - that God would move, protect, bless, deal with the little things, allow us to be a blessing, look after Charl. I felt a bit silly actually but very honoured.

Then we just got on with the day, Evie was amazing - so calm and so willing to serve and let me be peaceful. Lots of lovely little things happened; she brought me coffee for home cos she has heard me say we didn't have any (something a lot of Christians would miss - shes always looking to be a blessing), she realised she is needed and wanted and a help on the estate. People came and went, we served and hopefully blessed them.

Then at the end of the day, we all sat and chatted - me, Evie, Hannah and a regular who is always helping clear away. And seemingly out of nowhere, Hannah said to me 'you know earlier when you prayed? It really choked me up and brought tears to my eyes - I don't pray and I don't know why but it was nice'. I was surprised! Before I could say anything Evie said 'Charl took me to a boiler room Friday and prayed for me and I had to walk away because I couldn't stop crying! - I don't know what made me so tearful'. I was then able to talk about meeting with God - how He is always there but when we pray we take the time to stop and meet with Him and it affects us. But all I could think was how I had no idea it had made an impact on Hannah, and I just assumed she was thinking I was a nutter! I wonder how many times we could make an impact but don't because we're too worried about what people will think of us! We all then went on to talk about God, heaven, life after death and most importantly, how we know Gods calling us to Him.

I just felt so blessed to be involved in those little things (and thats just a part of the day!) but those little things really mean a lot. It was beautiful and encouraging and all God.

Thank you Jesus for seeing fit to use me in those ways, and sorry when I've not been brave because I felt silly - help me to be more like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment